This Year's event is March 27th, 2015
Denture Program Results
Thanks to the Creighton University School of Dentistry and The Charles Drew Clinic for helping over 300 homeless receive new dentures and a fresh outlook on life.
In its 7th year, and now with the support of Creighton University President Timothy R. Lannon, S.J., Project Homeless Connect Omaha has helped over 2500 of the area's homeless find housing, needed services, healthcare, hair styles and over 300 sets dentures. Over 3500 volunteers have committed their time to making this event one the most significant events in the metro's history for the homeless. The engagement and cooperation of public officials in municipal, county, and state government, as well as local business leaders has been remarkable in creating a cooperative service strategy that, as Mike Saklar Executive Director at Siena/Francis House put it, "initiates a first time action" for many of the area's homeless.
Chair and Past Chairs of Project Homeless Connect Omaha
- This year's Chairman is Galen Helton, TEKsystems. Galen and TEKsystems have supported this event and the Kid's Connect at Christmas with donations and volunteers. Galen is also a 1995 Creighton University Graduate and Pi Kappa Alpha and Creighton University Rugby Football Club - President
- Chris Wendlandt, Pinnacle Bank
- CeLann LaGreca, Philanthropist, formerly with Blue Cross & Blue Shield
- Father John P Schlegel, S.J., Former President of Creighton University
- Scott Bradley, President of Pinnacle Bank Omaha
- Omaha Mayor Mike Fahey
- Douglas County Commissioner Mary Ann Borgeson
"He came to an event at Creighton called Project Homeless Connect, not knowing what to expect. Now the 35-year-old Omaha man has a place to live, 21 months of sobriety and a scholarship to Metro Community College, from the 2008 event, where he is studying to become a paramedic. He came back to the event this year as a volunteer."
"I was one of the first people at the event, I was one of the last to leave, and I accomplished more in one day than I had the last 2 years". – Homeless
"I was told by a service provider that they had begun coordinating and referring with another agency they met at the event. Neither was aware of the service provided by the other agency". Ed Shada, Executive Director
A special thanks to Sally Ganem, First Lady of Nebraska, the Iowa West Foundation for their support from the beginning in helping to make this all possible and the SilverStone Group.